It’s officially summer! Are you ready for some fun? There’s so many ways to enjoy the season and the best part of all, you don’t have to “break the bank” to do it. My favorite way to spend a summer day is at the beach building sand castles, jumping the waves, and hunting for sea creatures with my kids. We’ve even found baby lobsters hiding under rocks in tide pools. But you don’t have to be a lover of the sand and surf to enjoy the season, check out our top 10 list of budget-friendly summertime adventures:
- Head to a state park and take a hike or ride your bike. https://www.nhstateparks.org/?gclid=CjwKEAjwy6O7BRDzm-Tdub6ZiSASJADPNzYruRk3nxfdBVJtKaVFGMcSR9mbSZ0jVou0Y1b8kVYw3RoC8IHw_wcB
- Invite your neighbors over for a backyard barbecue or have a block party.
- Check your community calendar for free fun local events, for example: http://highlandstreet.org/programs/free-fun-fridays .
- Search for free attractions in your state: http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/NEWHAMPSHIRE0501/110429454, http://www.nh.life/freethingstodo/,
- Pitch a tent in your backyard and camp out.
- Check your local library’s schedule of events and ask about any free museum and other passes they may provide, for example: http://www.manchester.lib.nh.us/Find/Museum-Passes .
- Be a tourist in your own town and explore its history.
- Spend the day at the beach or head to the lake.
- Swim at the local pool or at a nearby hotel. For a small fee hotels like the Best Western and the Red Roof Inn allow you to swim in their pool.
- Take in an outdoor concert, play, or festival: http://www.visitnh.gov/what-to-do/agritourism/festivals.aspx . Or, check to see what your town has to offer, for example: http://www.intownmanchester.com/.
The list doesn’t have to stop here; share your favorite budget friendly way to spend a summer day. Reply to this post with your comments and ideas.
Featured image courtesy of Pexels.com.